Everyone LOVES a YUMMY pie once in awhile! Here is my Coconut Cream Pie perfect for the festive weekend! :)
- 1 heaping cup walnuts
- 1 Tsp of Neocell Super Collagen
- 1 Scoop Amazing Grass Protein Super Food Vanilla
- 1 heaping cup pitted dates (soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and drained)
- 1.25 cups cashews soaked for at least 4 hours or overnight, then drained
- 3.5 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 medium just ripe banana (~ 1/2 cup mashed)*
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (I scrape the cream off the top for luxurious texture)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Place soaked dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain and/or it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Process walnuts until a meal consistency is achieved. Add back in dates and a pinch of salt and mix to combine. When squeezed between two fingers, the crust should stick together and feel moldable. If too dry, add another date or two. If too wet, add a little almond or walnut meal.
- Press into a springform pan, or an 8x8 baking dish or round cake pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment. Press until flat, going up the sides about 1/2 inch. Place in freezer to set.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy - about 1-2 minutes. If it's having trouble blending, add a little more agave or water to encourage it along. It should be silky smooth when completely combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I think adding a heaping spoonful of peanut butter at this point would be a brilliant idea. Then pour into crust and smooth with a spoon. Tap to release any air bubbles, then cover and freeze until set - about 4-6 hours.
- To serve, let thaw for 5 minutes. Should keep in the freezer, covered, for at least 1 week.