It's that time of the year when the weather is getting a bit cooler, and our bodies are craving a mean hearty dish. This coconut curry I promise will hit the spot! And its super easy and delicious, filled with veggies and super anti-inflammatory ingredients. Will help you feel strong, and fight the winter flu. ENJOY
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (or green bell pepper), diced
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup butternut squash
- 1/4 cup diced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup frozen vegetables
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of green curry paste
- pinch cayenne or 1 dried red chili, diced (optional for heat)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup of veggie pea protein (optional)
- 1 cup veggie stock
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- Sea salt and black pepper
- If serving with coconut quinoa, begin by washing thoroughly in a fine mesh strainer. Add to a medium saucepan over medium heat and toast for 3 minutes. Add 1 can light coconut milk and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is light, fluffy and the liquid is absorbed. Set aside until serving.In a heated large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne (or chili pepper), veggie stock, coconut milk, another healthy pinch of salt and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the pea protein and tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I added another pinch or two of salt.
- Serve over coconut quinoa ENJOY!