Almond Butter Rice Crispy Treats
Perfect gilt Free snack!
Makes 12 squares
Refrigerate 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free brown rice crisp cereal
For the chocolate topping:
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, goji berries, almonds and cacao nibs for garnish
- Prepare an 8 inch by 8 inch square pan, by lining it with 2 pieces of parchment paper, one going each way.
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, add the brown rice syrup, almond butter, butter, maple syrup, and salt. Stir well until super smooth and heated through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in the rice crisp cereal until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop into pan and spread out evenly. Press down with lightly wet fingers or roll flat with pastry roller. Place in freezer to set for 5 minutes while you make the chocolate topping.
- In a small pot or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat. Once 2/3 of the chips are melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Remove the pan from freezer and drizzle or spread with melted chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with coconut and place in the freezer until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Slice into squares. Enjoy