Nothing Better Than Homemade Taro Ice Cream Coconut Cream Base, Maca, Purple Taro Root, Monk Fruit Sweetness, Vanilla Bean, Blend & Refrigerate Overnight.
Nothing Better Than Homemade Taro Ice Cream 🍦😍💪🏻✨🙈 Coconut Cream Base, Maca, Purple Taro Root, Monk Fruit Sweetness, Vanilla Bean, Blend & Refrigerate Overnight
- 2 cups of Zuma Valley Coconut Cream
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 cup of taro, peeled and then diced into ¼ inch chunks ( Steamed & Cooled)
- ¾ cup of Monk Fruit Sweetener
- A pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean extract
- Cook the taro as you would boil potatoes, until softened 20-30 minutes in boiling water, and then drain
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a sauce pot and bring slowly to a boil. Once the sugar has melted into the mixture, remove from the heat.
- Let it cool for a bit on the counter and then transfer to the fridge to cool completely before processing in your ice cream maker – actually, as a good tip, after you let the mixture come to a fridge temperature, give it an additional 20 minutes or so in the freezer just before processing. This last minute cold shock helps to accelerate the processing into ice cream, which can result in a denser and tastier finished product.
- Process as directed in your ice cream machine. ENJOY