Temperatures are getting warmers, so our bodies will naturally gravitate towards hydrating foods. Here is my Japanese Sushi Handroll recipes with a Carrot Sesame Ginger Sauce!
- 1 cup (180g) cauliflower sushi rice
- 3 TBS sushi seasoning
- 10 sheets toasted sushi nori (seaweed)
- 1/2 choice of mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 6 oz (170g) preserved daikon
- 2 medium cucumber sliced
- 2 small avocados, pitted and sliced
- furikake for topping (optional)
- Prep cauliflower rice or use quinoa or brown rice.
- Cut the nori sheets in half. Place one half of the nori sheet on a board, shiny side down. Spoon some rice onto the nori (about 2 to 3 tablespoons). Spread the rice so that you fill one half of the nori. Top the nori with a few slices of cucumber, red pepper, daikon, and veggies.
- Starting with the lower right-hand corner, roll the nori towards the left, until you reach the end. Seal the hand roll with a few grains of rice. Repeat with all the other nori sheets.
CARROT GINGER SESAME DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup of pickeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Kosher salt & cayenne pepper optional