A lot of people ask me how do I meditate. I decided to create a guided meditation video to walk you through my process. This is a great way to start your morning with a short guided meditation. I promise you will have the best day ever! ENJOY
Not all Asian food are created equal. Yes I know you are probably used to fast food asian take out, for those nexflix and chill nights. But Asian dishes can be super nourishing and easy to make. Here are my top 5 favorite go to easy Asian dishes. Enjoy and let me know if you are like me, and add hot sauce on everything ahah.
1. THAI CHICKEN SKEWERS
2. HOMEMADE MISO RAMEN
3. RAINBOW ROLLS
4. SUMMER VEGGIE ROLLS
5. YELLOW COCONUT CURRY
WohOO it's the 4th of July Weekend! :) Here are some YUMMY recipes to keep you and your friends with a HAPPY BELLY! Enjoy & Be Safe
NOM NOM OMG! These turned out amazing!!! My Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes topped with my favorite Fruit Bliss Tart Cherries for nice texture, and frosted with my lemon glaze frosting! Perfect for your next summer get together, be careful these will go quick! GIVEAWAY ALERT! I am hosting a giveaway to 3 Lucky Winners, comment below, follow Fruit Bliss & Tag a friend for a chance to WIN! Must be in the USA Good Luck
PALEO LEMON POPPY SEED CUPCAKES:
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (level measurement, not heaping)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon of Fruit Bliss Tart Cherries
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of a whole lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalyan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Creamy Lemon Glaze:
- 1/4 cup raw cashew butter
- top with Fruit Bliss Tart Cherries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 3 teaspoons water , as needed to thin
My friend Peti and I wanted to cook some yummy thai food! So we made some green curry! This took us only about 30 minutes. It's all in the prep work, and if you have leftover white rice this would be perfect. We tweaked the recipe by David Thompson, and put our own spin on it.
- 2 cups of coconut cream
- 5oz of skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of thai eggplant
- 1/4 cup of bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup of choice of mushrooms
- 3 kaffir limes leaves
- 2 long red chillies
- handful of basil
- 2 tablespoon of shallots
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of green curry paste
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Add coconut oil, shallots, garlic, green curry paste, chicken add veggies, broth, coconut cream, chilli, basil, cook for 15min on high, then turn heat on low and let it reduce
- Use jasmine rice, add curry sauce, top off with basil, and thai peanuts ( optional)
MEAL PREP 101: Abs are made in the kitchen, yes you could be working out, but if your diet is not up to par, by all means you will not see the result you wish to see. Some people thinks meal prep is confusion and a lot of work, but I will help break it down and make it super simple for you. Today on DailyBurn I shared my #KitchenHustle Meal Prep Hacks. Meal prep is fun, and you can play with so many different varieties. Have fun with it and make it your own.
- Wild Salmon ( Pan Sear with Coconut Oil)
- Mushroom Steak ( Baked & Marinated Overnight for Flavor)
- Organic Chicken ( Grilled or Boiled)
- Grilled Tofu ( Marinated for Extra Flavor)
- Organic Hardboiled Eggs
I like to roast my vegetable in a all in one baking sheet. I toss all my precut veggies on to the pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. If you want to get fancy you can bring aromatics by adding fresh thyme & rosemary ( trust me it'll smell like heaven in your kitchen). You may also prep a large salad, kale & cabbage tends to last longer when prepping for the week.
- Brown Rice
- Spiralized Butternut Squash
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Coconut Oil
- Grape Seed Oil
- Cold Pressed Olive Oil
SEASONING: To watch our sodium intake I like to use fresh herbs, citrus ( lemon or lime, apple cider vinegar), Nutritional yeast, kelp, fermented vegetables, miso, coconut aminos, liquid aminos to season.
- Miso Dressing
- Basil Avocado Cream
- Organic Marinara Sauce ( I use low sodium store bought)
- EVOO, Salt, Pepper, Lemon
- Find a day preferably sunday to meal prep
- Buy in bulk ( safe money)
- Roast your veggies all in one
- Keep your sauces separate from meals to prevent them from going bad
- Add citrus to keep fresh, add toppings to add crunch factor ( hemp seeds, coconut, parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, almonds)
I made the yummiest Garlic Butternut Squash Pasta at Williams Sonoma! I made fresh cashew butter with Nutramilk, and made this yummy sauce. Here is my secret recipe! SHHHHHH, this sauce can be used for salad dressings, protein marinades, and more! Enjoy
- 1 Cup Fresh Cashew Butter made with Nutramilk
- 2 Cups of Almond Milk
- 1 Whole Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of Miso Paste
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Avocado
- Handful of Basil
- 2 Tablespoon of Tamari or Coconut Aminos
MAKE SAUCE, STIR FRY BUTTERNUT SQUASH PASTA WITH GARLIC AND OLIVE OIL. ADD IN FAVORITE VEGETABLES, SAUCE AND SERVE WITH FRESH BASIL ON TOP
*Plant-based diets are here to stay and The NutraMilk makes it easier than ever to create homemade nut butters and milks.
Whether you're vegan, lactose-intolerant or just enjoy a healthy lifestyle, the NutraMilk is a great appliance and/or gift that makes up to 2 liters of pure, fresh nut milks in 12 minutes with no additives, no mess and zero waste.
Tom Bileyu is probably one of the most humble, and generous guys I know! From co- founding one of the fastest growing companies in the world quest nutrition and creating Impact Theory, Tom is a force to be reckon with. He shared so much knowledge, passion, his past failures, and favorite books he recommends. Hope you enjoy this interview as much as I did filming it
CLIENT NEWS‼️ My client Joy Fennell transformed her life After I transformed my own life and lost 100 pounds, I truly felt like I received a second chance at life. I gained clarity and promised myself I would dedicate my life to helping others. I knew I wanted to pay it forward and help others be the best version of themselves. Whether that was through recipes, motivation, I knew sharing my rock bottom could help heal others. Some people would be ashamed of it, but I realized how powerful it was to shine light on our darkness. Our healing begins when we share what makes us most vulnerable. I broke through my fear and began touring the country and speaking at different expos, festivals, schools, non-profits organizations, Whole Foods Market, appearing on national tv, anywhere that would give me the opportunity to share. Through my speaking engagements I have had the privilege of meeting so many kindred spirits, I also got to meet people who are on similar paths towards personal health transformations. I remember meeting Joy Fennell two years ago after a talk I gave in NYC, Joy shared with me that she was at her bottom and needed some guidance and coaching. I agreed to personally coach her with one exception, that we be able to share her transformation with the world. Joy agreed and we began a process of personal transformation one step at a time. I knew Joy was ready to change by her willingness to do whatever it took to heal herself from Rheumatoid Arthritis. We began not only transforming the foods she ate, but created new relationships with food and most importantly herself. We began with daily affirmations, mindfulness exercises and slowly incorporating physical activity. I am proud to witness Joy's transformation, it’s not about the number on the scale, but truly how at peace and happy Joy is. Joy is radiating happiness, and I am so happy to see her shining bright. Now it’s her turn to pay it forward! Tag a friend who can use this inspiration! Send Joy Fennell some LOVE!
I grew up eating miso salad dressing, it's super tasty and I always order this when I go out. But now I am going to teach you how to make your own at home! Super simple and tasty
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or mirin
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons water or almond milk
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu,and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Almond-Miso Dressing
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cup kale & purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
Almond Butter Rice Crispy Treats
Perfect gilt Free snack! Makes 12 squares Bake for 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup/ coconut nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- handful of Crispy Green Mangos
- add favorite trail mix (almonds,
- Prepare an 8 inch by 8 inch square pan, by lining it with 2 pieces of parchment paper, one going each way.
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, add the brown rice syrup, almond butter, butter, maple syrup, and salt. Stir well until super smooth and heated through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in the rice crisp cereal until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop into pan and spread out evenly. Press down with lightly wet fingers or roll flat with pastry roller. Place in oven at 250 to set for 5 minutes
- Remove the pan from oven and top with Crispy Green mangos. Sprinkle with coconut and slice into squares. Enjoy
This is not a regular taco recipe but a kogi inspired taco recipe! If you are not familiar with Chef Roy Choi's Kogi truck you must check it out. I was inspired by the farmers market produce along with my Butcher Box grass fed ground beef I had available. Also I just picked up a yummy gochujang sauce which is a korean sweet and spicy sauce used in a lot of korean bbq.
- 1/2 Pound of Butcher Box Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 3/4 Cup of Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 of a Onion Chopped
- Handful of Swiss Chard Chopped
- 3/4 Chopped Mushrooms
- 2 Tsp of Cumin & Coriander
- Pinch of Cayenne and Pink Salt
- 3 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon of Gochuchang Korean Sauce
- Pinch of Pepper
- 3/4 Cup of Chopped Zucchini
- 2 organic eggs ( sunny side up)
- Siete Paleo Tortillas ( Made with Coconut and Cassava)
- Black Sesame Seeds for Topping
- 1 ripe avocado
- fresh salsa
Cook onions, and veggies until caramelized, add in protein, seasoning and let it cool. Cook eggs sunny side up and leave to cool. Heat up tortillas, and top with ground beef mix, avocados, salsa, egg, and sesame seeds. Add extra gochuchang sauce ( optional) ENJOY!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground organic chicken
- 1 organic egg
- 1/4 cup almond meal or gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of black pepper & pink salt
- 1 tablespoon reduced soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon of gochujang ( optional)
- coconut oil
- handful of chopped green onions ( save some for garnish)
- sesame for garnish
- In a bowl, combine chicken with egg, almond meal/bread crumbs, garlic, and rest of seasoning
- form the meatballs with your hands (to avoid stickiness, rub your hands with coconut oil).
- Melt some coconut oil over high-heat non stick skillet.
- Brown the meatballs in batches on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Serve on plate, garnish with green onions, sesame seeds, and sriracha for extra kick, ENJOY
I have been really into baking everything, as it releases so much yummy flavors. Not to mention it is so easy to adapt into a productive lifestyle. I just love the idea of all in one dishes. I bake the butternut squash in first, then add the wild salmon last 7 minutes before finishing.
- 1 piece of Wild Salmon
- 1 Cup of Butternut Squash diced
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- 3 Tablespoon of Chopped Onions & Cucumber
- 3/4 Cup of Seasonal Wild Mushrooms
- 2 Tsp of Herb de Provence
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper & Pink Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- 1 Whole Lemon Cut Into Half ( Use Juice Add In Lemon for Flavor)
- Add Favorite Gluten Free Glaze
Bake at 450, for 15-20 Minutes. Add in Butternut Squash then add in Salmon last 7 minutes.
I baked some sugar-free brownies made with @SweetLeafStevia Vanilla Crème Sweet Drops. So light & moist!!! Hosting a #Giveaway of my favorite #SweetLeaf Stevia products—have you tried these??? Leave a comment below for a chance to WIN. Good luck foodies!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease 8x8-inch pan; set aside
- Add coconut oil,Sweetleaf Sugar Leaf, salt and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix until evenly blended
- Add cocoa powder and mix well
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition
- Add Paleo Flour Mix ( Almond Flour x Coconut Flour) , chocolate chips and nuts (if using) and mis until evenly blended
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until sides start to pull away from pan
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature
Took my pro swimming buddy Luke Pechmann for Cryotherapy as we both do swim training and was getting sore. Find out benefits of Cryotherapy.
- Cryotherapy is any treatment that involves the use of freezing up to -240 temperatures for up to 2-3 minutes. See what the expert says about some of the benefits:
Ever create a recipe on the spot? I do it all the time. I think about what I want to eat during my workout, and then head to the grocery store afterwards. Check out what I create today!
- 2 Zucchini Diced
- 2 Cucumber Diced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 3 Avocados
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Handful of Basil
- Pinch of Cayenne & Pink Salt to Taste
- 1 piece of Wild Caught Salmon from Butcher Box
- Black Sesame Seeds, Lemon, Basil to Garnish
Diced Veggies, Prep Bell Peppers, Blend Sauce, Mix Sauce with Zucchini & Cucumbers then fill the bell peppers top off with wild salmon. Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes. Top with garnish and serve. Watch video below.
For anyone who wants to start meditation, here are some simple tips and benefits of meditation.
I received a #AskCharles question from Alice about meditation, benefits, and how to do it! I spoke a lot about it being in my daily routine, but never really shared how I practice so this video is to explain why I do it, and different ways to meditate.
So I woke up and seriously could not move my neck. It had to be a pull from my workout late last night, and also sleeping on it wrong. I heard the quickest relief was doing acupuncture so I went ASAP to Dr. Kara Mora Marco Kendrick in Beverly Hills, see what happened! Warning the images look worst than it is, it was not painful whatsover. Have you tried acupuncture?
HAVE YOU TRIED CUPPING OR ACUPUNCTURE?
Green Glowing Smoothie
- 2 Cups of Coconut Water or Almond Milk
- 1 Banana
- Handful of Spinach
- Half of Lemon (Juice)
- Handful of Almonds ( Protein)
- Half of Small Cucumber
INSTRUCTIONS: BLEND & GLOW!
I ALWAYS tell everyone I meet, if you can just ADD in ONE Smoothie into your daily routine for 30 days you will see a huge difference in your health and body.
By feeding our bodies nutrient dense fruits and vegetables first thing in the morning, we train our bodies to crave healthier foods. This is also a great way to balance body's PH Level, ensure you get your daily recommended servings of fruits and veggies, lots of FIBER to flush out toxins, and of course do the Fisting Pumping SMOOTHIE DANCE! I am doing a 30 Day Smoothie Challenge starting month of April if you wanna JOIN!
You will receive a NEW Smoothie Recipe Each Day with nutrition profile. Also to start your day off right, you will receive a DAILY positive quote to set a intention for your day. I believe it's just as much what we put into our MINDS, and into our bodies that make a HUGE difference. If you would like to participate in the 30 DAY SMOOTHIE CHALLENGE. Leave your email below, and start receiving smoothies recipes . We are in this TOGETHER, we will be sharing our daily SMOOTHIES on a private Facebook group for our foodie community.