MEAL PREP 101: Abs are made in the kitchen, yes you could be working out, but if your diet is not up to par, by all means you will not see the result you wish to see. Some people thinks meal prep is confusion and a lot of work, but I will help break it down and make it super simple for you. Today on DailyBurn I shared my #KitchenHustle Meal Prep Hacks. Meal prep is fun, and you can play with so many different varieties. Have fun with it and make it your own.
- Wild Salmon ( Pan Sear with Coconut Oil)
- Mushroom Steak ( Baked & Marinated Overnight for Flavor)
- Organic Chicken ( Grilled or Boiled)
- Grilled Tofu ( Marinated for Extra Flavor)
- Organic Hardboiled Eggs
I like to roast my vegetable in a all in one baking sheet. I toss all my precut veggies on to the pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. If you want to get fancy you can bring aromatics by adding fresh thyme & rosemary ( trust me it'll smell like heaven in your kitchen). You may also prep a large salad, kale & cabbage tends to last longer when prepping for the week.
- Brown Rice
- Spiralized Butternut Squash
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Coconut Oil
- Grape Seed Oil
- Cold Pressed Olive Oil
SEASONING: To watch our sodium intake I like to use fresh herbs, citrus ( lemon or lime, apple cider vinegar), Nutritional yeast, kelp, fermented vegetables, miso, coconut aminos, liquid aminos to season.
- Miso Dressing
- Basil Avocado Cream
- Organic Marinara Sauce ( I use low sodium store bought)
- EVOO, Salt, Pepper, Lemon
- Find a day preferably sunday to meal prep
- Buy in bulk ( safe money)
- Roast your veggies all in one
- Keep your sauces separate from meals to prevent them from going bad
- Add citrus to keep fresh, add toppings to add crunch factor ( hemp seeds, coconut, parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, almonds)