Who doesn't LOVE Bacon! But it's super high in sodium and saturated fats! Not a problem, I found a HEALTHY SWITCH! Omg WARNING these can be super addicting, but at least they are way healthier. These Coconut Bacon a great to top off salads, and make a healthy snack. (KIDS love em' too!)
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Amino’s or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked cayenne pepper
- 3 1/2 cups large flaked coconut
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl add coconut flakes, drizzle the wet mixture over top and gently toss making sure to coat each flake well, about 45 seconds or so.
Scoop seasoned coconut flakes and place onto a lightly greased, or parchment paper lined, cookie sheet/s.
Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove when coconut has a nice browned and caramelized color. Let cool, it will get crispy as it cools.