Everyone knows I love my mexican food, there's nothing like a great fish TACO! Here is my yummy quinoa crusted tilapia tacos SO FREAKING AMAZE!
- 2 tilapia fillets - cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup ground flaxmeal / flaxseeds
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 cup diced mango
- 1/3 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 diced shallot
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- First, dip your tilapia fillet (both sides) in the ground flaxmeal. Next, dip it quickly into the whisked eggs, and then into the cooked quinoa. Make sure the quinoa is room temperature. Press the quinoa into the tilapia to make sure it sticks.
- Heat your coconut oil on the stove, and once it's hot and liquidy, add the tilapia to the pan at medium-high heat. You should get a nice sizzle when you start cooking it.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side. You'll know when to flip the tilapia when the quinoa looks browned and crispy.
- Since all fillets vary in size, you can cut into the center of the tilapia to see if it is ready; it should be nice and flaky inside.
- Add salt and pepper to each side of fillets. Remove from pan and add your mango-avocado salsa right on top.