Avocado are the perfect healthy fat! Not only are they good in salads, I love using avocados in DESSERTS! I make a kick ass avocado ice cream, and chocolate pudding! Today I create these YUMMY avocado coconut matcha truffles
For the truffles:
- 2½ cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado, mashed
For the chocolate coating:
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Mix the shredded coconut, maple, coconut oil, and avocado.
2. Form the mixture into small balls by squeezing until a ball forms.
3. Once you have the balls rolled, freeze for 1 hour or so until they are firm.
4. For the chocolate coating, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
5. Remove the truffles from the freezer and insert a skewer through the middle (don't poke through them). 6. One by one dip them into the chocolate coating and place in the fridge to set.
7. Dust with matcha powder (optional)