Perfect #Easter Appetizer for this weekend! My goat cheese turkey asparagus tart with seasonal sprouts, lemon, and heirloom tomatoes
- 1 to 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 to 2 balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 cups Goat cheese & Mozzarella (or use any cheese you like)
- 1½ pounds medium asparagus, trimmed*
- 2 Tablespoon of turkey bacon
- fresh cooked golden beets
- 1 sliced heirloom tomato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pink Salt and pepper plus herb de provence
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place the defrosted puff pastry sheets on the baking sheet
- Arrange toppings them in a single layer over the Goat cheese. Sprinkle on the golden beets & other veggies and protein. Brush or lightly drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the spears are tender, for about 20 to 25 minutes. Watch your tart while in the oven! Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Add additional toppings like the lemon zest to brighten the tart and some balsamic glaze if desired. Slice and serve and enjoy!